Australian Government, Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
Open Venues: Ascot, Moorooka, Southport, Yeronga
All venues are currently open for court hire and lessons following Government guidelines.
5:00pm: RISE Sport have created RISE Live Fitness, a live, interactive fitness session for you and your kids to expend energy and get fit in the comfort of your own home! Sessions will be conducted on the Zoom platform in a video webinar which you can download for free. Click this link to learn more
10:44am: The following RISE Sport venues are now closed due to the escalation of the COVID-19 pandemic:
Ascot: Petrie Street, Ascot
Moorooka: Beaudesert Road, Moorooka
Southport: St Albans Close, Southport
Yeronga: Honour Avenue, Yeronga
5:05pm: Due to the escalation of the COVID-19 pandemic, all public facility hire has been suspended.
5:03pm: RISE Sport will be following Tennis Australia’s COVID-19 Community Tennis Guidelines for all tennis sessions. You can download these guidelines here.
1:55pm: RISE TENNIS COACHING CONTINUES TO GO AHEAD AT MANY OF OUR LOCATIONS
State and federal government have confirmed that schools in Queensland are still continuing. They have given the green light to outdoor sports. RISE coaches and staff at most of our locations will be running our regular lessons while adhering to the social distancing measures.
Tennis is in a unique position as a small group, non-contact, open-air sport, we are encouraged to continue to deliver our tennis programs as per normal at most of our locations. Ascot is closed Monday, March 23rd and Moorooka is closed until further notice. Southport and Yeronga locations will continue with normal programs.
We understand the stress this is putting on our community. We are confident in the RISE Sport processes, and together we can get through this challenging time and mitigate the risk of this virus when and wherever possible.
We want to reassure our RISE community that extra vigilance is being applied to hygiene standards to ensure our environments are safe for participants and staff, including:
- Ensuring thorough hand washing protocols are correctly followed
- Increased frequency of regular cleaning and disinfection of equipment and surfaces
- Employees showing any signs of illness be excluded from the workplace
- Placement of sanitiser throughout our locations
Information from Tennis Australia:
- Read more from the expert administrators here. https://www.tennis.com.au/wontent/uploads/2020/03/COVID-19-Community-Tennis-Guidelines-for-Continued-Play-V2.pdf
- Tennis Australia Poster for Hygiene found here. https://www.tennis.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/PR-20-011-Hygiene-posters_A4-landscape_R2.pdf
8:16am: RISE Sport has been notified by Moorooka State School Administration that the hiring of facilities on school grounds have been cancelled immediately until further notice. The RISE Sport Moorooka location will be closed for lessons and facility bookings. All future facility bookings will be refunded. Participants are urged to communicate with [email protected] regarding their lessons.
8:07pm: Further to the Prime Minister’s announcement tonight, we are gathering the government information and waiting on QLD announcements today. Until then our most recent guidelines for venues remain.
5:08pm: RISE Sport has been notified by St. Margaret’s Anglican Girls School Administration that the school will be shut tomorrow, Monday March 23rd. The RISE Sport Ascot location will be closed for lessons on that day. Participants are urged to communicate with [email protected] regarding their lessons.
10:04am: RISE Sport Yeronga and Southport locations remain open for all lessons and facility bookings.
9:35am: RISE Sport has completed the Australian Government’s, Department of Health Infection Control Training – COVID 19.
10:43am: RISE Sport continues to monitor the Coronavirus situation closely. Currently, we have no confirmed COVID-19 cases within our participant or staff community. Should a RISE Sport participant or staff member be confirmed as having contracted the COVID-19 virus, we will immediately contact Queensland Health and Education Queensland and be guided by their advice in managing our response. Queensland Health and Education Queensland will advise whether or not our programs should close temporarily. In this case, specialised cleaning of our facilities will be carried out as required to ensure our environments are safe for participants and staff to return when clearance is given.
As per Queensland Health recommendations, if your child develops flu-like symptoms, please:
- keep your family member at home;
- avoid close contact with others such as touching, kissing or hugging, or any mass gatherings, especially those involving children or the elderly;
- see a doctor or contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) immediately;
- seek medical advice if your family member has other underlying medical conditions.
It is also important to continue to encourage everyone to:
- wash their hands regularly with soap and water, particularly before and after eating, and after going to the toilet;
- use alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap is unavailable;
- cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of their elbow; and
- dispose of tissues in the bin immediately (followed by hand washing).